Relevance of phone use in school
Nowadays, it is difficult to imagine life without gadgets. All sorts of mobile phones, laptops, tablets, and smartwatches filled the world with their abundance. Few people do not enjoy these benefits of technological progress. Children are no exception and from an early age not only use various gadgets, but also own their own.
That is why the use of mobile phones in school is a particularly relevant issue at the present time. Many parents are very puzzled as to which decision is the right one: to leave their child’s phone at home or allow him to take it with him to school. Given the relevance of this issue, before making such a decision, you should familiarize yourself with all the pros and cons of using the phone at school.
Advantages of using your phone at school
The main advantages of using a phone at school are
- The lack of inconvenience. Previously, in order to inform their child of urgent information, parents were required to drop all their business and rush to school, looking for their child there. However, the advent of mobile phones has resolved this inconvenience, allowing you to call your child at any time, thereby saving a lot of such precious time.
- Security. If various dangers appear on the child’s path, they can immediately ask for help from the necessary services using their mobile phone. For example, call the police or an ambulance.
- Additional features of the phone. Modern phones are equipped with a huge range of different additional tools. This is a calculator, a camera, notes, and the Internet. All these functions can help the student in the learning process. For example, you can use the camera to take a picture of a task directly from the Board, or write important information in notes when there is no pen at hand.
- Ability to contact even in the most emergency situations. One of the main advantages is the ability to contact the child even during various emergencies, thus allowing you to make sure that your child is safe and sound even in the most difficult circumstances.
The main disadvantages of using a phone in school
- Distraction from the educational process. Modern mobile phones do have a huge range of different functions, however, they are not always used by schoolchildren for good. For example, students can sit on the Internet right during the lesson, being distracted, and sometimes completely falling out of the educational process.
- Fraud. The capabilities of the modern mobile Internet can also be used for the purpose of real fraud. Students often look for answers to the tasks of their tests and exams not in their own head, but in the search engine of their own gadget.
- Envy and hostility. A variety of phones for every taste and pocket becomes a stumbling block among their young owners. Students often compare their gadgets and, of course, someone’s phone is better or worse than another. This is what can lead to various social problems, such as envy, hostility, and even theft.
- Weapons against teachers. The phone camera can be used by students not only with good intentions, but also become a real weapon against teachers. This is due to the fact that many students can take photos and videos of their teachers, then posting them on the Internet for the purpose of ridicule.