So you want to create Marvel-esque comic strips, but there is just one small problem; you can’t draw. In today’s world, that’s no problem at all thanks to the upcoming Marvel Create Your Own app. Developed by Marvel in conjunction with TapTap comics, the app allows you to create a comic book adventure, edit it to make it your own, and share it with friends, family and Marvel fans.
Using the app, you select from a group of Marvel characters. Once you pick one, you select the “camera” angle, change the pose and pick the background. You can set the layout for your comic and create the dialogue. But you need to be careful about what you have your characters say. Marvel has posted a long list of topics that are not allowed which include:
- Content that could frighten or upset young children or the parents of young children.
- Prescription drugs or over-the-counter medication, vitamins, and dietary supplements.
- Depictions of alcohol (hard liquor, beer, wine, etc.), tobacco (cigars, cigarettes, etc.), or drugs (marijuana, etc.).
- Sexually explicit images (pornography, etc.).
- Suggestive or revealing images (bare midriffs, lets, etc.).
- Sensationalism (killer bees, gossip, aliens, scandal, etc.).
- Potentially slanderous or libelous content.
- Politics (lobbyists, PAC sites, political campaigns, alternative lifestyle advocates).
- Gambling (excluding state lotteries, sweepstakes and fantasy leagues).
- Graphic violence (including certain types of game sites) unless approved by Tap Tap on a case-by-case basis.
- Discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
And this isn’t the entire list!
Even though your content is being watered down, you still might find this app to be a great outlet for your hidden creativity. Right now, you can click on the sourcelink to receive an email notice when the app is available to install on your phone.