The OnePlus 5 is the flagship device from OnePlus and the successor to the OnePlus 3T. The OnePlus 5 was released in June, 2017. The device packs in dual cameras, Snapdragon 835 and a massive 8GB of RAM.
The OnePlus 5 comes with a 5.5-inch optical AMOLED display with a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels and a pixel density of 401ppi. The OnePlus 5 has a dimension of 154.2 x 74.1 x 7.3 millimeters and weighs 153 grams. The touchscreen is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
The OnePlus 5 features two shooters at the back ― 16 megapixel + 20 megapixel sensors. At the front is a 16 megapixel selfie shooter. The camera at the back comes with features like dual-LED flash, phase detection, autofocus, HDR and optical zoom, and it can also shoot videos at 4K resolution.
Performance and Storage
The OnePlus 5 is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 octa-core processor, clocked at 1.9GHz and paired with Adreno 540 GPU. The OnePlus 5 comes in two variants; a 64GB model paired with 6GB of RAM and a 128GB model paired with 8GB of RAM. No options for expansion as the OnePlus has no SDcard slot.
Download now (quick server)
Battery and Other features
The OnePlus 5 is powered by 3300mAh non-removable battery and runs on Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) with OxygenOS on top. The OnePlus supports fast charging ( Dash Charge) and comes with a USB Type-C port.
Connectivity options on the OnePlus 5 include dual-SIM, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, NFC, USB OTG, 3G and 4G LTE.
Sensors on the phone include Compass Magnetometer, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor and Gyroscope.
Price and Availability
The OnePlus 5 is now available in Nigeria and Kenya at leading online stores.The OnePlus 5 should cost between N205,000 and N350,000 in Nigeria and KSh 118,000 to KSh 265,000 in Kenya.
OnePlus 5 Key Specifications
- 5.5-inch Optical AMOLED Display, 1080 x 1920 pixels (401ppi)
- 1.9GHz octa-core Snapdragon 835 CPU, Adreno 540 GPU with 6GB/8GB RAM
- 64GB or 128GB Internal Storage
- 16MP/20MP Rear Camera and 16MP Front Camera
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat), OxygenOS
- 3300 mAh Battery with Fast Charging (Dash charge)
- 4G LTE, Bluetooth 5.0, dual-band Wi-Fi
- USB Type C, USB OTG, Fingerprint Sensor
- Colours: Midnight Black, Slate Gray
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- Dimensions (mm): 154.20 x 74.10 x 7.25
- Weight (g): 153